I am a Graduate with a Master's Degree and I want to...
become an ECEAP Mental Health Consultant

An ECEAP Mental Health Consultants observe and/or screen children regarding behavior, emotional needs, and mental health; work collaboratively with parents to address their child’s mental health issues, consult with staff regarding classroom support and interventions for children, refer children and families to local mental health services, and consult with and train staff as needed. View ECEAP Standards for more information: https://dcyf.wa.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/eceap/2019-20ECEAPPerformanceStandards.pdf

Hiring Requirements:

  • 18 years of age 
  • The mental health consultant must meet one of the following qualifications:
    • licensed by the Washington State Department of Health as a mental health counselor, marriage and family therapist, social worker, psychologist, psychiatrist, or psychiatric nurse
    • approved by the Washington State Department of Health as an agency-affiliated or certified counselor, with a master’s degree in counseling, social work or related field
    • credentialed by the Washington State Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction as a school counselor, social worker, or psychologist

Educational Pathways

Find Degree Options