I am a Holder of a WA State Initial ECE Certificate and I want to...
become a Family Home Child Care Primary Staff
The Family Home Child Care Primary Staff must meet the qualifications of the licensee and can act on behalf of the licensee when the licensee is off of the premises. View DCYF Professional Development page for more information: https://www.dcyf.wa.gov/services/earlylearning-profdev/early-learning-provider
- 18 years of age
- High school Diploma
Need to be completed within 90 days of employment.
- Completed Child Care Basics
- Completed all renewable health and safety training
- First Aid
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Food Handlers (if serving snack and meals to children)
- Safe Sleep (if applicable)
Full Education Requirements:
- Initial Certificate (within 5 years of hire)
- Short Certificate (within 2 years of completing Initial Certificate)
Find Degree Options