I am a High School Graduate or have a GED and I want to...
become a Child Care Center Assistant
A Child Care Center Assistant Teacher demonstrates competency to implement program activities under the direction of a lead teacher. An assistant teacher must provide developmentally appropriate early childhood education and ensure a safe learning environment for all. View DCYF Professional Development Page for more information: https://www.dcyf.wa.gov/services/earlylearning-profdev/early-learning-provider
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma
Need to be completed within 90 days of employment.
- Completed Child Care Basics
- Completed all renewable health and safety training
- First Aid
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Food Handlers (if serving snack and meals to children)
- Safe Sleep (if applicable)
Full Education Requirements:
- Initial Certificate (within 5 years of hire)
Find Degree Options