I am an ECEAP / Head Start Family Support Provider and I want to...
become a Child Care Center Lead Teacher
A Child Care Center Lead Teacher is directly responsible for the care and education of children and must provide developmentally appropriate early childhood education and ensure a safe learning environment. The Lead Teacher must demonstrate competency to observe and assess children's development, plan children's curriculum based on child development knowledge, design the learning environment, implement and supervise developmentally appropriate learning activities, build positive relationships with children, plan guidance strategies for children, involve parents, and honor differences. View DCYF Professional Development Page for more information: https://www.dcyf.wa.gov/services/earlylearning-profdev/early-learning-provider
- 18 years of age
- High school Diploma
Need to be completed within 90 days of employment.
- Completed Child Care Basics
- Completed all renewable health and safety training
- First Aid
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Food Handlers (if serving snack and meals to children)
- Safe Sleep (if applicable)
Full Education Requirements:
- Initial Certificate (within 5 years of hire)
- Short Certificate (within 2 years of completing Initial Certificate)
Find Degree Options