I am a Child Care Center / Head Start / ECEAP Lead Teacher and I want to...
become a DEL Licensor or work in Early Learning Policy

A person in a Policy Role (Licensing, Advocacy, or Policy) supports the early care and education system focused at the community, regional or state level. They provide oversight, policy, system development, and state-wide program implementation. They often lead and/or participate in boards and committees that may establish policy and advocate on behalf of early learning professionals, children, and families.


Must meet the following qualifications:

  • typically an Associate's or Bachelor's degree is required
  • Master's degree or higher is required for some leadership or advocacy roles

Educational Pathways

Find Degree Options